Moving to a new place can be challenging. There are many human characteristics to consider, such as population, architecture, economic and recreational activities, transportation, etc. Families also have different preferences about these characteristics and which ones will best meet their needs.
Your family will be relocating to a region of Missouri. Your input will be greatly considered when choosing the final destination based on several factors about the region. After researching, you will be able to present the best region for your family. Your family's region will be important to meet the needs of your family dynamics card.
How can we decide which region of Missouri best meets the needs of our family?
- I can describe human characteristics of a place. This will include information about the population, architecture, different kinds of economic and recreational activities, types of transportation, etc within the region.
- I can describe how people are affected by, depend on, adapt to and change their environments.
- I can compare regions and explain how life in a city region is different from life in a rural region or how landscapes might look different in these regions.
- I can use the geography to interpret the past (for example, why rivers have played an important role in human transportation) and predict future consequences (for example, what will likely happen if the population of a city increases considerably).
- I can use and evaluate primary and secondary sources (diaries, letters, people, interviews, journals, and photos.)
- I can identify and use library and media resources (electronic resources, dictionaries, encyclopedias, videos, periodicals, atlases, almanacs, telephone directories, books and cartoons.)
- I can create maps, timelines, diagrams and cartoons to enhance studies in civics, history, economics and geography.
- I can identify and describe the components of soil and its properties.
- I can describe how erosion processes can cause surface changes that create and/or change Earth's surface material and/or landforms/bodies of water.
- I can identify the ways humans affect the erosion and deposition of Earth's materials.
- I can propose ways to solve simple environmental problems.